Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19: Living Non-Violent Communication

July 19 Compassionate Living Tip from Interfaith Paths to Peace

Learn about "Living Non-Violent Communication" from Marshall Rosenberg

http://www.soundstrue.com/weeklywisdom/?source=podcast&p=6366&category=WW&version=full

From Marshall Rosenberg:

"It may help you to understand that Nonviolent Communication grew from my attempt to understand the concept of love and how to manifest it, how to do it. I had come to the conclusion that love is not just some­thing we feel, but something we manifest, something we do, something we have. And love is something we give. We give of ourselves in particular ways. It’s a gift when you reveal yourself nakedly and honestly, at any given moment, for no other purpose than to reveal what’s alive in you. Not to blame, criticize, or punish—just “Here I am, and here is what I would like. This is my vulnerability at this moment.” To me, that giving is a manifestation of love."

No comments:

Post a Comment