Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 22: What does Ramadan Mean This Year?

July 22 Compassionate Living Tip from Interfaith Paths to Peace

Exploring what the Ramadan Fast Means this Year

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/imam-khalid-latif/what-will-make-this-ramad_b_1688153.html

As in years past, Muslims all over the world, myself included, will abstain from eating, drinking, smoking, and engaging in sexual activity from sunrise until sunset for a month. The rituals and actions that render my fast to be valid will stay the same.

What will make this Ramadan different is my being different. While taking a moment to think about how much my life has changed this past year, I also should take a moment to think about how I have changed in the past year. Where has my growth been, where have I digressed, and how have I stayed the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment